Helping Couples to Restore Their Marriage
Online Christian marriage counselling in Toronto
Erika Botha, communication specialist, author, and speaker, guides unhappy couples to strengthen their emotional and physical connection.
Is This You?
If Marriage Problems Such As Communication, Trust, And Arguments Are Left Un-Resolved,
Serious Relationship Consequences May Arise
It's essential to remember that every relationship is unique, and the outcomes will depend on various factors.
However, it's generally advisable to address and resolve marriage problems proactively to prevent further deterioration and increase the chances of restoring a healthy and fulfilling relationship.
Seeking professional help, such as marriage counseling, can provide valuable guidance and support in navigating these challenges.
Erika Botha Marriage Counselling Solves Emergent Relationship Issues & Restore Marriage Satisfaction
Is my marriage even fixable at this point?
I firmly believe that there was a reason you chose your partner and that conflicts in relationships are opportunities for personal growth.
You married the RIGHT person not the WRONG person, and we have shown 100s of couples just like you- for over a decade now- how this is factually true!
I am here to assist individuals who are fully committed to doing whatever it takes to mend their most significant relationship—their marriage.
My comprehensive solutions address and resolve various marriage problems effectively.
Revitalize Your Marriage Now
Embark on a transformative journey to reshape your marriage, empowering you to overcome the obstacles hindering your ideal relationship.
Let’s remove these burdens. You deserve to live in joy and happiness, and you need this ASAP.
Hi, I'm Erika
For almost 20 years I have been providing Christian marriage counselling and coaching to couples who have faced every challenge possible, be it:
- financial stressors,
- parents in-law
- or simply just not getting along.
My motivation stems from believing that deep, pure love exists in every relationship.
We can restore and enhance that love to surpass its previous greatness with simple changes and guiding principles.
I've witnessed dreams become reality time and time again. I've seen it happen with my clients and experienced it firsthand in my own life.
my best-selling Relationship Book
Book your first online marriage counselling session
I'll attentively listen to the struggles you're facing in your marriage to uncover the root causes of your problems
As your coach, I'll guide you with honesty, gentleness, and with a non-judgmental approach.
Together, we'll create a plan to address your relationship concerns
What People say
Erika got our relationship back on track. She taught us how to communicate properly and she helped us sort through our problems in a loving way. This was a great retreat. I will definitely recommend her. Thank you Erika.
Erika was very helpful in figuring out what we needed as a couple to have a better stronger relationship.
Erika is a very kind hearted, but to the point person, with wisdom & experience beyond her years. Every single cent & second spent was worth it double.
Erika was very professional and kind. Listened and knew what our problems were and gave us proper advice to help our future together.
Erika has shown us a great plan for the future, she has given us taste to complete as well as plans to keep us accountable.
Because of Erika and her coaching, we are once more excited for our future together as husband and wife.
I was very impressed with her results and information. I'm very pleased with our weekend session. Thank you.
Erika really does care about you, and only wants what's best for the both of us. She has so many tools that helped us grow as a couple.
Only after a few sessions with Erika it was evident that our marriage was saveable and we only needed the guidance of a professional, teaching us the correct tools to communicate our feelings, wants and needs better.
I am not a psychologist. I am a life coach who specializes in relationships.
Many insurance policies include coverage for life coaching services under the "wellness benefit." However, it's important to reach out to your insurance provider directly to ascertain whether your specific policy offers such coverage. They will have the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding your coverage and benefits.
You may want to inquire with your HR department to determine if your organization offers a life coach benefit for employees. Some companies provide this type of benefit to support their employees' well-being and personal development. Contacting your HR department will provide you with accurate information about the specific benefits available to you through your employer.
I exclusively provide coaching services online through Zoom. However, for the marriage retreat, the sessions are conducted in person.
Online counselling, also known as e-counselling or teletherapy, offers numerous benefits compared to traditional in-person counselling. Here are some of the key advantages of online counselling:
- Accessibility: Online counselling allows individuals to access therapy services regardless of their geographical location. It overcomes barriers such as distance, transportation issues, or limited availability of local therapists. People in rural areas or those with mobility challenges can benefit greatly from the convenience of online counselling.
- Convenience and Flexibility: With online counselling, you have the flexibility to schedule sessions at times that suit you best. It eliminates the need for travel time and allows you to receive counselling from the comfort of your own home. This convenience can be particularly valuable for individuals with busy schedules, work commitments, or caregiving responsibilities.
- Increased Anonymity and Privacy: Some individuals may feel more comfortable discussing sensitive or personal issues from the privacy of their own space. Online counselling offers an added layer of anonymity, reducing the fear of being recognized in public areas or running into someone familiar at a Counsellors's office. This increased sense of privacy can encourage individuals to be more open and honest during therapy sessions.
- Greater Choice of Counsellors: Online counselling expands the pool of available counsellors, as you are not limited to those in your immediate vicinity. You can choose from a larger selection of professionals who specialize in your specific concerns. This wider range of choices increases the likelihood of finding a counsellor who is the right fit for you.
- Reduced Stigma: Online counselling can help mitigate the stigma of seeking support. By accessing therapy discreetly from your own device, you can maintain confidentiality and avoid potential judgment from others. This can be particularly beneficial for individuals who feel uncomfortable or stigmatized by traditional counselling settings.
- Cost-Effectiveness: You can save money on transportation expenses, parking and travel time which can add up over time.
- Continuity of Care: Online counselling provides an opportunity for individuals to continue their sessions without interruption, even when facing circumstances that would typically disrupt in-person sessions. For example, travel, relocation, or health issues need not interrupt the process as long as you have internet access.
It is important to note that while online counselling has many benefits, it may not be suitable for everyone. In some instances, such as severe mental health conditions or emergencies, in-person counselling or medical intervention may be more appropriate.
The timeline for noticing a change in your marriage after undergoing marriage counseling can vary depending on various factors such as the specific issues being addressed, the level of commitment from both partners, and the effectiveness of the counseling sessions.
While it is difficult to predict an exact timeframe, it is common for couples to start experience a positive shift after the first session. It is important to remember that every relationship is unique, and progress may occur at different rates for different couples.
Patience, open communication, and active participation in the counseling process can contribute to a more successful outcome.
If your spouse is reluctant to attend counseling with you, it can be challenging. However, there are still some steps you can take to address the situation:
- Communicate openly: Express your feelings and concerns to your spouse about the importance of counselling for your relationship. Emphasize that you value their participation and believe it can positively impact both of you.
- Educate them about counselling: Provide information about the benefits of couples counseling and how it can help improve communication, resolve conflicts, and strengthen the relationship. Share success stories or testimonials to alleviate any reservations they may have.
- Offer alternatives: If your spouse is hesitant about traditional counselling, suggest alternative options such as online counselling, relationship workshops, or self-help resources like books or articles. These alternatives might be more appealing or less intimidating to them.
- Seek individual counseling: If your spouse continues to refuse couples counseling, consider seeking individual therapy for yourself. This can provide you with support, guidance, and strategies to navigate your relationship challenges more effectively.
- Focus on personal growth: Dedicate time and effort to self-reflection and personal development. By working on yourself, you can contribute positively to the dynamics of your relationship, even if your spouse is not actively involved in counselling.
Remember, ultimately, both partners need to be willing to participate for counselling to be most effective. If your spouse remains unwilling, it may be helpful to seek the guidance of a relationship coach or counselor to explore your options and find ways to navigate the challenges in your relationship.
Choosing the best marriage counsellor/coach for your needs is an important decision that can greatly impact the success of your counselling experience. Here are some factors to consider when selecting a marriage counselor/coach:
- Qualifications and expertise: Consider their educational background, training, and experience working specifically with couples. A counsellor/coach with specialized knowledge and expertise in marriage counselling is likely to be better equipped to help you.
- Approach and philosophy: Different counselors may have different therapeutic approaches and philosophies. Some may focus on specific techniques or modalities, while others may have a more integrative or eclectic approach. It's important to find a counselor whose approach resonates with you and your partner's values and goals for counseling.
- Compatibility and rapport: Building a strong therapeutic relationship is crucial for effective counseling. Look for a counsellor/coach with whom both you and your partner feel comfortable, understood, and respected. A good counsellor should be empathetic, non-judgmental, and able to create a safe and supportive environment for both of you.
- Specialization: Consider whether there are specific issues or challenges in your relationship that you want to address. Some counsellors specialize in certain areas such as infidelity, communication problems, intimacy issues, or blended families. If you have a particular concern, it may be beneficial to find a counselor who has experience in that area.
- Recommendations and reviews: Seek recommendations from trusted sources, such as friends, family, or healthcare professionals. You can also look for reviews or testimonials online to get an idea of other couples' experiences with a particular counsellor or coach. Keep in mind that every couple is unique, so what works for others may not necessarily work for you, but it can still be a helpful starting point.
- Practical considerations: Consider practical factors such as location, availability, session fees, and insurance coverage. Online counselling is very convenient . Marriage counselling is an ongoing process, so it's important to find a counsellor whose availability and fees align with your needs and budget.
Remember that the success of marriage counselling depends on both the counsellor's expertise and the commitment and effort you and your partner put into the process. Trust your instincts and take the time to find a counsellor who is the right fit for you and your partner.